Our success lies in the success of our employees and the way in which they deliver to our customers.
We do not own significant plant and equipment or proprietary technology. It is vital that we recruit, develop and retain the best people, ensuring they are engaged with AMEC and committed to the company’s success. We want to provide a safe working environment and encourage and into their communities – AMEC’s Beyond Zero approach.
2012 achievements included:
- Recruited successfully in resource-constrained markets, such as Aberdeen, London, Houston, Saskatoon, and Santiago
- Average number of employees increased 10 per cent to 28,400 people, including over 10,000 gross new hires and 270 new graduates. Over 600 people were referred by our employees and more than 140 returned to AMEC because of our alumni programmes
- Continue to see about one-third of our people participating in share ownership schemes
- Strong HSSE performance continued: the All Injury Frequency Rate reduced to 2.40 per 200,000 exposure hours, though our Total Recordable Cases Frequency Rate was slightly worse than 2011 at 0.38 per 200,000 exposure hours
- Over 25,000 people have benefited from AMEC Academy development programmes and the e-cademy learning management system, launched in the summer, has already had 120,000 hits
- Sustainability commitment remains: over 100 employees from across the company took part in a structured sustainability debate as part of our stakeholder engagement programme. The results are helping to develop the focus for 2013 and beyond.