AMEC provides project management for one of the biggest coal producers in China
|Client:||Shenhua Ningxia Coal Group (SNCG)|
|Date:||2006 – ongoing|
Shenhua Ningxia Coal Group (SNCG), a subsidiary of Shenhua Group, is the biggest coal producer in China. SNCG is developing a major coal-based petrochemical base which comprises a number of chemical units to be built at the newly developed site near Yinchuan, Ningxia Autonomous Region of China.
The major units include coal gasification (4+1 Gasifiers, total capacity of 540,000 Nm3/h) , Air Separation Unit (2x90,000 NM3/H), Methanol (1,670,00 tpa), Methanol to Propylene (500,000 tpa) and Polypropylene (500,000 tpa). The plant employs latest technologies from western licensors and is designed and constructed to internationally recognised or agreed equivalent Chinese Standards.
As the Project Management Contractor in the basic and detailed engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases, AMEC’s scope of work includes the provision of:
- Project management plans and procedures
- AMEC’s integrated project management system: CONVERO
- Overall management
- Engineering management , including design safety management
- Procurement and material management
- Contracts management
- Construction management
- Commissioning and start-up management support
- Project controls (planning, cost and document management)
- Risk management and implementation
- Quality management
- HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) management
- Training and development
In addition to the project manager role, AMEC was also to provide basic engineering for the offsite utility and infrastructure, the major units include: site wide system, pipe rack, flare system, storage tanks, water Polypropylene warehouse, water system, waste water system, buildings and so on.