Performance and engagement
We use our sustainability performance report to:
- Benchmark and assess our performance against laws, codes, performance standards and voluntary initiatives
- Demonstrate that AMEC influences and is influenced by global sustainable development issues
- Compare performance over time within the organisation and against peers where it is useful to do so
- Communicate our key sustainability issues and how we manage and improve on them
Our sustainability report also forms our communication on progress (COP) which is a requirement of our continued participation in the UN Global Compact. Sustainability is also discussed throughout our annual report and accounts document.
Understanding the views of our numerous stakeholders helps us to make better and more informed decisions.
We continue to engage our key stakeholders, with a number of key events throughout the year. For the first time ever, in 2011 we created an external stakeholder panel to comment of our reporting, and provide guidance on how we might develop our strategic approach to sustainable development. In 2012 we engaged with our internal stakeholders - our employees - with an online debate on our sustainability strategy and internal programme, and our sustainability report. More detail on our stakeholder engagement can be found within the sustainability performance report.
We use our annual sustainability performance report as the main tool for communicating our performance in key areas to our stakeholders. Our AMEC in numbers document is a summary of our historical performance in our key areas.
In addition we take part in two key benchmarking surveys:
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) - In 2012 AMEC was ranked the industry leader for oil equipment and services in the worldwide Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for 2012 - 2013. This is the fourth year in succession that AMEC has been industry leader and the ninth year in succession that it has featured in the DJSI, which annually surveys and benchmarks the world's 2,500 largest companies measured by free-float market capitalisation
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) - We have been disclosing our carbon performance to the Carbon Disclosure Project since 2007. Our disclosure scores have improved year-on-year since we began disclosing. View the latest report