AMEC plc Interim Management Statement
16 April 2012
• Year-to-date trading in line with expectations
• Order intake and forward visibility remain good
• Order book £3.7 billion (December 2011: £3.7 billion; March 2011: £3.1 billion)
• £75 million of shares purchased under £400 million share buyback programme
AMEC Chief Executive Samir Brikho said:
“AMEC has performed in line with expectations in the first three months of the year.
“We continue to see healthy demand for our services and investment in our end markets – underpinned by the positive industry trends, particularly in the oil and gas and mining sectors. We are confident that this will support double-digit underlying revenue growth in 2012.
“The acquisitions made in 2011 are integrating well and the pipeline of further acquisition opportunities remains strong.”
Unless specifically addressed, guidance remains unchanged from that notified with the final results issued 21 February 2012.
A conference call for analysts and investors will be hosted by Ian McHoul, Chief Financial Officer today at 8.30 am.
• AMEC is holding its annual general meeting at 10.30 am on 19 April in London, UK. At the meeting, Chief Executive, Samir Brikho will update shareholders on the group's strategic progress and the outlook for 2012. No new price sensitive information will be presented.
• AMEC is hosting two capital market seminars: Minerals & Metals 25 April; Clean Energy and Environment & Infrastructure 17 May.
• AMEC expects to announce interim results for the six months ending 30 June 2012 on Thursday 9 August 2012.
Analyst consensus estimates are collated and published on AMEC’s website on a periodic basis amec.com/investors/key facts.
For the full statement go to: http://goo.gl/kBVdi