AMEC is a leader in mining project development and delivery. Our experts develop projects with expertise in front-end geology, mineral processing and environmental consulting through to engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM), operations support, and mine closure.
Our full service team results in superior understanding of your project’s risks and opportunities. This collaboration makes us better managers and better engineers. And it makes better projects.
Our team consists of more than 5,000 people and spans five continents to deliver projects in nearly 100 countries. AMEC’s centres of mining excellence are located in Australia, Canada, Chile, Peru, South Africa, UK and the US. And as part of AMEC, we join more than 27,000 engineering and project management personnel worldwide.
With AMEC, your projects gain credibility and capability at every stage of development. We are an industry leader in consulting and project delivery around the world offering:
- front-end studies
- consulting services
- mining and metallurgical process design and development
- open-pit and underground mine design
- surface and underground infrastructure engineering
- geotechnical and waste management services
- environmental and socio-economic studies
- project, logistics and construction management
- environmental assessment, permitting and closure expertise, and
- a global network of execution centres
Today, AMEC’s mining roots are truly global. In North America, H.A. Simons acquired CESL and MRDI in 1994 and 1995 before being acquired itself by AMEC in 2000, as part of AGRA. In Australia and Africa in 2009, AMEC acquired Minproc, an international engineering and project delivery business, with over 30 years experience in the study, design, procurement and construction of minerals resources projects.
We will be in touch very soon
Thank you for contacting AMEC. We will be in touch with you soon.