Transportation / Infrastructure
AMEC has over 50 years of proven experience in transportation project development and delivery throughout North America. With expertise in planning, design, construction, and long-term support, AMEC’s client-first solutions are tailored to the unique needs of each project and budget.
Pressure on transportation systems worldwide is mounting due to aging infrastructure, population growth, increased freight volumes, and funding limitations. Today’s challenge is to maintain the integrity and increase the capacity of existing facilities to meet this demand – economically, safely, and within the tight schedules required.
AMEC’s services cover the transportation facility lifecycle, from planning and environmental studies to preliminary and final design, construction administration, and operations and rehabilitation. We work closely with our clients to ensure that every project delivers results that enhance communities, improve safety, respect the environment, and save money.
The AMEC advantage
We incorporate the latest technologies and involve strategic partners early in the process to add innovation at every point in project development, from the use of new materials and techniques, to streamlining systems for faster project delivery. Our expertise in program and project management, planning, and design, combined with advanced construction skills and operational experience, enables us to deliver transportation infrastructure that is safe, cost-effective, and reliable.
Operating in over 200 locations in North America and worldwide, AMEC employs a wide range of engineers, scientists, technicians, environmental specialists, planners, and support personnel. Our open and responsible culture encourages employees to manage risk effectively and seek ways to enhance performance for clients in areas such as project acceleration and cost savings. This culture of entrepreneurship encourages innovative discovery, design, and solutions.
Worldwide client base
- Federal, state, provincial, and municipal governments
- Toll highway authorities
- Airports and aviation agencies
- Railroads and transit agencies
- Port and harbour authorities
- PPP, design-build, and ADM entities
- Mining, oil & gas and private industry
Comprehensive transportation solutions
- Planning and environmental studies
- Highway, bridge, and tunnel design
- Port and airport roadways and infrastructure
- Heavy-haul roads for oil, gas, and mineral exploration
- Construction management
- Construction engineering and inspection
- Pavement consulting and engineering
- Geotechnical engineering and seismic design
- Environmental compliance and permitting
- Materials testing and quality control
- Structural steel inspection
- Subsurface utility engineering and utility coordination
- Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS)
- Value engineering