AMEC has more than 30 years of experience in world-wide human environment consulting.
'Environment'- the physical factors of the total surroundings of human beings, including the land, water, atmosphere, climate, sound, odours, tastes, the biological factors of animals and plants, and the social factors of aesthetics.
'Human Environment'- the interaction of man with these physical factors, and the total environment of man, such as economic, social, cultural, political and historical factors.
Socio-economic impact assessments
Earth and Environmental's comprehensive Socio-Economic Impact Assessment (SEIA) process is designed to maximize public participation in the identification, evaluation, and resolution of impacts on, and benefits to, the human environment.
- Identify the potential benefits and adverse impacts that may occur as a result of the project
- Determine the significance of such effects
- Recommend ways to enhance the positive effects, and reduce or eliminate the negative impacts through the development and implementation of effective mitigative measures
- Monitor and evaluate the benefits and adverse impacts
- Social and Economic Impact Assessment and Management
- Socio-Economic Action Plan Development and Implementation
- Residual Impact Monitoring and Mitigation
AMEC conducts comprehensive public participation programs as integral parts of all SEIA´s and as stand-alone projects. These include the use of consultation techniques such as stakeholder mediation, surveys, open houses, town hall meetings, workshops, focus groups, community advisory committees, project websites, newsletters and media programmes (video and print).
- Public Participation Programming
- Community/Stakeholder Consultation
- Community Development/Needs Assessment
- Attitudinal Surveys
- Communications and Workshop Facilitation
- Public Information Programming
- Capacity Development
- Institutional Strengthening
- Human Resource Development
- Program Evaluation
- International Development Assistance Programming
- Social Impact Analysis
- Gender Analysis
- Indigenous Peoples´ Issues Analysis
- Rapid Appraisal
- Demographic Analysis
- Resettlement Planning
- Income Analysis
- Labor Force Analysis
- Economic Effects Analysis
- Environmental Economics
- Social Cost Benefit Analysis
- Regulatory Process Management
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Strategic Planning